Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oldlyweds

Well, Dave and I made it a whole year. We celebrated our anniversary yesterday with dinner and a show - in true Kelly-style...

I know what I'm about to say will make every man from Maine To California so jealous they won't be able to stand it. When I bought tickets to see my musical muse, Bruce Cockburn, I wasn't paying attention to the dates. This happened not because Bruce happened to be in town, but because I kind of forgot about our anniversary.. My overzealous-ness to get Bruce tickets became our anniversary date.

Not that this is a bad thing - but Dave doesn't love Bruce like I do. He doesn't really care about lyrics like I do (and Bruce writes amazing lyrics like "Silver scales flash bright and fade in reeds along the shore... Like a pearl in a sea of liquid jade his ship comes shining - like a crystal swan in a sky of suns his ship comes shining...") He likes guitar, but his thing is really the banjo (Bruce doesn't play banjo that I know of - but does play a really haunting, ethereal resonator guitar)... In short, had I been paying attention, I wouldn't have chosen a concert that I loved over something we both loved for our anniversary...

However - the nice thing about Dave is - he didn't mind. He's a good guy.

So - looking back on our year as a married couple - a lot has changed in our lives with the new house - not to mention that we are going on our third dog... Who is young enough to stay with us for a little while (yay!).

This has been a good year for me, personally. I like being married to Dave (I know - how trite and mushy, right?) - but seriously - I had no clue, after being single for so long - that I'd make a good couple. Dave might have some other things to say about this - so I'll invite him to be a guest blogger if he should want to say anything to the contrary... although he will probably tell you that we talk about really important things like this:

Dave: Honey, I'm old and I'm stupid.
Kelly: You're not stupid.

But Happy Anniversary Honey. Next year, I promise I'll actually make dinner reservations so we don't have to eat at the pizza place before seeing the musician of my choice. (Ok- you can pick. As long as it's not Rod Stewart)

:)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Happy Anniversary!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    It's been a whole year??? Where did the time go? Gosh. Huh. I just thought you guys married..like..uh...well... ok...maybe six months ago.

    Hum. Happy Anniversary! Hum. Not sure how a whole year went by..

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy Anniversary! I remember looking at your wedding photos when I linked over from Sarabeth's site. Wes and I are celebrating our 4th this summer -- by meeting my mother, sister, and SIL at the airport as they're coming into town that day for our baby shower. Guess not every year can be the "most romantic rose ceremony yet" :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home