Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Decorating

I've been in the house for about a year now - and am only beginning to decorate. Let me know what you think of my new artwork...

Note Dave doing some light reading... tee hee.

Anyway, Dave really inspired this painting/collage. I had only thought so far as I wanted four canvases above the couch painted the same color as the walls (found the paint in the basement when we moved in) - I asked what he wanted and he said, "Paint an old mic on its side." So I did. Then I thought it would be cool to add feet. The only trouble is, I can't really paint, so I had Dave model for me - and photographed his feet and legs... Then, I printed the photos out on all different neutral-colored paper and cut and pasted the collage. I then painted some details in... and voila! I'm an artist!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Issa said…

    Oh. my. gosh. I LOVE it!! You're inspiring me! I've been trying to figure out what to do with our living room and you're totally giving me ideas.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger MatthewsMom said…

    Exactly--why spend money you haven't got, when you can make awesome art yourself? and best yet, it will go with your room PERFECTLY!
    *gets out paint kit*
    *dusts off*
    *sneezes*

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger dmac said…

    Dave looks so small in the picture.

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    That room is unusually large because the ceilings are so high.... and that book is so big... Makes me feel like we could do some cool perspective bending photography there!!!!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    Love it. What a good idea!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    FABOULOUS idea!!! How talented you are..Love it LOVE IT

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Austin Grillos said…

    Was thinking about you guys this week. My wife and I are on our way for a brief stay in PA from TX(about 18 hours). Wish we had time to meet y'all.
    Anyway...just thought I would drop a line and say hello. So glad to hear that you are still taking care of dogs that need it. It is really special.
    Thanks again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home