Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Polar Ends of the Gene Pool

My sister and had a conversation the other day - regarding clothing at my upcoming house warming party. it went something like this:

Gwen: What are you wearing?

Kelly: I was kind of planning on maybe just wearing jeans.

Gwen: WHAT? YOU CAN'T!!!! YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN'T. If you DO wear jeans, you need to at least make sure they're fabulous jeans - and wear them with cute pointy shoes and a great shirt. Can we go shopping for these thing?

Kelly: Gwen, you might have to forgive me if this isn't the soiree of the year that's in your head. I just want people to come together and have a good time...

Gwen: You're very calm. I admire that you're so calm. I wish I was calm. I think I get my nervousness from Mom. Do you think I get that from Mom? I mean, I don't want to be like this - but I'm always like this...

Kelly: All I have to say to you is this: Once, when you lived in that apartment over the camera store, I came over... I found you running around the house like a crazy woman. When I asked what was wrong, you yelled, "I'm TWENTY-FIVE years old and I've never made SOUP!!!!!!"

Gwen: I said that?

Kelly: Yep.

I'm not saying I'm never a Supersized Bowl of Freakitude... But regarding issues of wardrobe... I'm just not. Regardless, I will let my sister take me shopping for fabulous jeans, pointy shoes, and a great shirt. Who am I to spoil my party for her?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When is the party? You realize that this major purchase of yours is making you miss Bruce Cockburn in GR - he said he will miss you. :-) JD

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Blue Eyes said…

    Is making soup a coming of age thing? I'm 26 and have never made soup.

    Anyway, have a fabulous time at your housewarming party. I'm sure with the new shirt and pointy shoes you'll be the belle of the ball.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    No. Making soup is not a coming of age thing, although I made my first real soup when I was younger than 25. It was egg drop. It was easy. And I didn't screw it up.

    See you can't be frantic over things that although YOU personally haven't done - SOMEONE has done - done successfully - and done with the aim of being repeated... It's just a waste of a good spaz.

    I'm sure there was more to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home