Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lately...

I've been SO busy lately. It seems buying a house takes up a lot of my time - and makes me think I'm going to be ALL Gray by the time it's over... At the same time, I'm so happy to be buying a house, having equity, not worrying about the landlord showing up when dirty clothes are inadvertantly left in the bathroom... It's kinda nice.

Here's a quick rundown of other things that are going on. A good friend is leaving her job after almost three decades of work. I'm not upset that she's leaving. She's been thinking of going for a long time, so the fact that she's going isn't what bothers me. The fact that she was ASKED to leave, partnered with the fact that her boss is calling her leaving a RETIREMENT - now THAT'S what bothers me. These horrible people don't have the courtesy or kindness to let her make her own announcement... I actually consider the whole thing a big lie... as I believe retirement is what one person implements when one decides one doesn't want to further his/her employment because he she believes it's time to kick back, relax, and enjoy ones' millions... Anyway - there's a party for her next week. I sent a note to her boss requesting that the word "retirement" not be included on the cake. Sheesh.

Ok. More later - wish me luck on the house.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I made you an armadillo last night but am leaving town for San Antonio on tomorrow. Soooo you will have to wait until I return, have a chance to decorate it, and then get it mailed. By then you should have closed on the house and it will be perfect gift!!!!!

    I am still so excited about your first house. Not even asshole bosses like your friend's can bring me down.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    Good LUCK!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home