Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Things to Love About Pennsylvania

Since Tiecen now challenged me, I have to note a few things I love about Pennsylvania. It's a great state - and from Mack Trucks to Dixie Cups, there is truly something here for everyone:

1) The drive across PA on Rte. 80.
2) Entenmen's Crumb-Topped Donuts
3) Slinky, Silly Putty, and Crayola Crayons
4) Philadelphia, once the nation's capital
5) The Liberty Bell
6) Herr's Potato Chips and Gibbles Pretzels
7) Olympus (welcome, Olympus, to your new home in PA!)
8) Hershey's Kisses - and Hershey Park - where the streets are landscaped with cocoa mulch, and the lightstands are Hershey Kisses.
9) Blue Mountain Summit Inn (along the Appalachian Trail) (If I were writing about New Jersey, I'd have to give a nod to the Red Wolf Tavern)
10) Kell.
11) Museums: The Andy Warhol Museum and the Mutter Museum = Pittsburgh and Philadelphia Respectively
12) Lake Erie in the wintertime
13) The beautiful Poconos in beautiful October
14) Glen Onoko Falls
16) The History of The Walking Purchase - Google it. It's an interesting piece of deceptive history.
17) Orasure, makers of the world's most accurate -10-minute AIDS test - It's implications for the global fight against AIDS is astonishing.
18) Nazareth, PA - Home of Mario Andretti; Easton, PA - Home of Larry Holmes.
19) Sweet Creams, Stroudsburg, PA - Home of the world's finest ice Cream
20) Scranton - Home of "The Office."
21. Martin Guitar
22. Marshmallow Peeps (I recommend the Christmas cookie ones)


Maybe I'll finish this list later - It's a good start though.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Ewww! Peeps! I love to hate them. My girls love them.

    You haven't even hit on the battlefields that people visit.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I'll try to have a positive attitude. I looked up airline tickets and it's only like $300 to fly non-stop from SD to PA. I thought it would be way more so I'm feeling a little better...

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger itgirl said…

    Tastee Treats. State line potato chips. Philly steak sandwiches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home