Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Friday, June 23, 2006

$.50 Screw

It’s Backwards Day:

Priceless: Me trying to figure out why my gearshift fell apart last night. I couldn’t find any spare screws. The headstalk was spinning on the stick. I moved it. The gear-button-thingie popped out (spronnng!) – followed by the spring. They were greasy. I wrapped them in a tissue and called Dave.

“Bring it on over,” says Dave, “Does it drive?”

I assured him that I could still press the greasy, headless gearshift stalk and put the car into drive.

Once at Dave’s, the whole thing seemed hopelessly… apart.

85$ - The cost of the Honda Mechanics to reassemble my gearstalk thingie.

1$ - The cost of the two replacement screws…

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Geesh, I though this was going to be X-rated.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    Their house is in Upper Derby. What do you think of that? I looked up plane tickets and from SD to Philly is only like $300 so I guess that's doable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home