Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

You Can Do It; We Can Help

I was in the Home Depot tonight - buying a quart of paint so I can finish these chairs I've been making - I'll post a photo of them when I'm done - Anyway, while the young 20-something mixing my paint was waiting on me, a co-worker of his came up and handed him an in-store test. It was a completed employee test administered by Home Depot.

Co-Worker: Here ya go. Just fill it in.
20: But it's already filled in!
CW: Yep. Just your name.
20: Wow! This is my kinda test! All right! Thanks, man!

20 then smiled at his audience of me, and two others standing at the counter:

20: This is just like it was in high school.

At that moment, I had a strange flash of a vision. The kid stood in a house (presumably his parents')... swatting at flies as the building's foundation was being eaten by termites...

I grabbed my paint and went home. It had better be the right color.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Ph said…

    Home Depot painting section cracks me up for two reasons:
    The first is that it's cheaper to buy a gallon of paint than a half gallon. Don't ask me why, but I when I was buying paint I said I wanted two half gallons (different colors) and the guy told me just to buy full gallons because it was only like 2 dollars more or something.

    And the second is that the guy used the wrong sheen of paint when he mixed it and when he told me that I think he expected me to take it anyways...which I would have done had I not already had most of the room painted. I looked back at him. He stared blankly back at me. I finally won and he remixed the paint.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I went to Home Depot to by some wood for the plaform my bed is on and I told the kid I needed 6ft long pieces of wood made from the 12 foot long strips I brought him. He proceeded to cut 4 feet of of all of them. When he gave them to me I told him they were wrong and he said, "You didn't tell me these were 12 feet. I thought they were 10." I just said, "You measured them and you work here." He apoliagized and sent me to get new wood. Kinda seems like they don't really want to help us do it....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home