Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Chemistry

I have a friend who shares some sort of crazy connection with. I can't explain it, but we come from different areas - different worlds - different financial histories - different education - different psyches - different, different, different.

He was a figure skater - I couldn't figure out any skate move but forward.

He grows beautiful bonsai trees - I killed one within months.

He acts. I stay behind the camera.

et cetera, cet etera...

Toe-MAY-toe, Toe-MAH toe. Ok. That was the last one!

Anyway, years ago, after we first met, I was driving home to my woodsy dwelling, and saw a momma fox and her babies. The next morning, I saw the same baby fox - or at least I assume so, in a corn field. I pulled the car over... we starred at each other for a long, long time. I called my very suburban-dwelling friend. "You're kidding," he told me. "I saw the biggest old grey fox yesterday!"

We don't talk a whole lot anymore, but every now and then, when I see a fox, I'll call - usually to the standard "I was just thinking about you!" greeting. If I haven't seen a fox, but merely feel like calling, It's not uncommon to hear, "I saw a fox this week. I knew you were going to call..."

Now, I believe in certain phenomena - but I rarely, if ever seek out this kind of thing. I have no explanation - nor can I make this story any more interesting than this - but I'm pretty fascinated by it all...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I am a firm believer in our sixth sense and I have lots of experiences like that. Isn't it interesting how easily we connect with some people? I think it's people we knew in heaven before we were born and then, when we meet them here, we recognize them.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    So cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home