Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Early Morning Flashbacks

I've been thinking about my blog friend, HP lately - because she's lost her father (and that's the saddest thing I can think of) - It's got me thinking about the deaths in my family this year, specifically, that of my nephew, Jason (here's the link in case you want to know). I miss him so much. I had a dream about him the other night. He came back... but he was healed of his disease - no trach, no wheelchair, no motors. He walked up to us... And me, in all my practicality said, "Hey - where ya been? Are you hungry?" He nodded. When I woke up, it was bitter sweet. It was nice to see him again, but the ache rekindled.

I was speaking with one of Jay's nurses this morning, and she revealed to me for the first time that she had lost a 10-month old child... and it took years to get to the point where she didn't break down every time someone said something or even did something nice for her... She asked if she thought it would help my sister to talk to her. I didn't know - but I gave her the address and suggested she write a card. Hopefully, my sister will find it comforting to talk to someone who's been through the same thing.

I hope I'm not meddling.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Thanks for thinking of me. I remember reading when you lost your nephew, and I thought that losing a child has to be one of the hardest things to deal with ever. Maybe it is all just difficult in one way or the other.

    My husband, who lost his own father seven years ago, told me to relish those thoughts and dreams that are so vivid because they fade over time. The dreams you have now are a gift although sometimes they feel more like a burden to sadden you more.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I dreamed of my Grandfather and his house this weekend. Maybe it was being with my brother for a few days in close company. They are so much alike. I don't mind my dreams at all. I rather like to have them because they remind me of pieces of my past. My feelings are so fresh and I recall things so vividly .. I hope the dreams never completely disappear.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I hope your sister finds some comfort in a new friend but don't worry if she doesn't respond. We are all different in that way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home