Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Friday, March 10, 2006

6AM EST; 3AM PACIFIC

If you consider I'm on West Coast Time, I've been either in Airplanes or Airports for about 13 hours. United Airlines was having a bad day. In Chicago this AM, at 8, plane censors said the plane was unbalanced. The guy sitting next to me said the gnomes were in the belly of the plane, frantically repositioning luggage... It took an hour and a half to fix. We sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half... No drinks, no snacks...

(Maybe I'm too tired to be blogging)

When the plane finally flew, they didn't serve food - which was rude. I missed my connecting flight, so I sat in LAX for four hours waiting for the next flight...

All to photograph a wedding.

But I must say, the flight up the coast was lovely in the sunset. California's rolling green hills and lovely lovely ocean bring to mind Kermit and Fozzie Bear, singing "Gee, I've never seen the sun come up in the west..."

Ok. That's it. Because if I keep typing, it'll just be nasty. I did meet a nice custommer service rep. AND! Chad at the hotel helped me with my computer, so all told, not the worst day...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Poor Kell - airports can be hard on everyone!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Hi, My name is Chad and I'll be your helper today." Do you still have my favorite mug? --chris
    PS: It could be worse; you could've been flying alone with two children two and under. I've done it once and never again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home