Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Weekend Report

Dave and I drove to the most dangerous city in the US this weekend to see The Kruger Brothers perform. I just have to tell you to go and listen to a sample on their website, because if I tell you that I went to see a couple of Swiss brothers who moved to the US and now play American rootsy/lovely, lovely melodic banjo-led tunes, you might think I was crazy. Jens plays banjo - kind of like Bela Fleck, but very different - and in my opinion - better (sorry, Bela. You know I love you and have nothing but good memories of seeing you live), and Uwe, the other brother plays guitar and sings with a homey-deep voice. A non-related bassist rounds out the trio...

From the day Dave played their CD for me one in the car, I've loved them... - As the CD played, for the first time in our relationship, I stopped talking. I love those guys. Ok. I have to stop talking again and politely suggest that you listen to the samples.

In unrelated news, I lost my cell phone yesterday while walking. Miraculously I found it about 45 minutes later... "Were you mad?" asked Dave. "No," I answered. I hate that phone so much, the only thing that bothered me a little was the hassle of cancelling one and finding another. I have this endless hate-thing about my cell phone (and my cell carrier, but that's another blog for another day. Suffice it to say I can't sit on my couch and talk to you. I get great reception, however, if I hang the front half of my body out my front door - which is okay except when it's 20-degrees out)

Ok. I'll make a deal with you - I'll stop writing, and you stop reading my blog and go listen to the Krugers! Tell me what you think.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Very nice. I liked the music.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    What city exactly would that be?

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    I'll give you three guesses:

    Atlanta, GA
    Philadelphia, PA
    Camden, NJ

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am guessing Camden. It better not be Philly. But WHY were they playing in Camden?!

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    Katie gets the prize! Camden is right! - They were playing at Rutgers Camden. (Katie - can you e-mail me your e-mail? - send it to kelp30@hotmail. Thanks)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home