Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Stupid Platitudes

I found a quote at the end of an e-mail (from an HR professional) that has inspired me to share "Stupid Platitudes" with all of you:

"We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box."

Think about this - not all that helpful, eh? Ah, if life were only this simple.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Crayons are inanimate objects.

    Oh, fun trip to NYC planned? Great. Although I'm not a big city girl. I do like DC. All those institutions. Gets me all tingly. I really hated it when Trixie left. And, of course you deserve the trip.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger sass said…

    HR people drive me nuts. with their "motivational" schemes.

    barf.

    when i worked in an office, one girl would wear horrible perfume that gave me a headache. a MIGRANE. she refreshed it at lunch. i complained to HR. they looked at me as though i was making the dumbest request of all time.

    the did nothing. and then they signed my resignation papers.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Alex Ludd said…

    It says a lot when it's difficult to tell a motivational offering from a Jack Handy quote.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home