Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Channel Changers

I’m constantly amazed at exactly how forgiving the general public is towards celebrities. I was watching The Insider this evening. Pat O’Brien: Forgiven for drunken debauchery and leaving “Pearl Harbor File” phone messages. On the show, Pat tossed to a package, hosted by none other than the woman who insulted Mickey Mouse in his own backyard, Nancy Kerrigan: She got Forgiven. How is it they all end up on Gossip TV? Come to think of it, it’s kind of insulting. Kathy Lee Gifford interviewed Diane Sawyer. She got forgiven for the Sweat shop thing. Just a click away, on EXTRA!, you’ll find Jerry Penacoli (Does anyone remember this story?): Forgiven.

Maybe Gossip TV is penance for the crap you do in life.

Ok. I can tolerate these people… I guess they’ve paid their dues…

I feel I have to offer something constructive here, so I’ll present my list of people who should never, under any circumstances, be allowed back on TV (I apologize that my list consists of mostly African American Male Athletes and Blonde Girls. I’m not being racist or prejudiced. The list was written purely based on the actions of the following individuals:

1) Mike Tyson: Let’s not glorify this idiot any longer.
2) Michael Jackson: He’s just out of control
3) Lindsay Lohan: Where it must be tough living out one’s difficult teen years in the public eye, I’ve had enough
4) Britney Spears: After Chaotic, need I say more?
5) Tanya Harding: (I know it was a long time ago – But she’s malicious!)
6) OJ Simpson: ‘nuff said
7) Paris Hilton: I’m not sure why she was EVER allowed on TV.
8) T.O.: Someone once defended T.O. by telling me he was misunderstood. No, I think he made his point loud and clear.
9) Marcus Vick: Learn from your brother. Play nice.
10) Dick Cheney: I know. I don’t hate him. I just think it’s time for him to retire and enjoy his millions.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    I think I agree with your list. I know nothing about Lindsay Lohan, so I can't really comment on that. The Cheney part--yes, he must go. Send him to Russia--let him try his totalitarianism there. Leave us people alone, Dick. Please.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I could make up a similar list simply from reading People magazine. There are so many people who I just don't want to hear anything more about...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home