Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hittin' the Streets

What the heck... The other night, I was enjoying a nightly walk through town with Smokey Von Wheady (It's what we've named Smokey - We figured she neede a last name). It's a funny thing, walking with Smokey - because she's a busy dog. Really busy. She's so intent on sniffing and breathing and hoping the barista in the coffee shop notices her walking by and brings her biscuits that she never really properly takes the time to do her business. I've never seen a dog move while peeing or pooping like Smoke. Not to be indelicate, but she likes to drop poo on the move - which means she can deposit one turd every foot for about three yards.

Anyway - this has nothing to do with the real story I want to tell you - it's just that I'm so obsessed with our new dog that I can't stop talking about her... even if it's gross and completely inappropriate poop talk.

And speaking of inappropriate... As I finished poop scooping, I stood up, deposited the little package appropriately, and continued our walk, just past the Indian Grocery store. A man was getting out of his car... What man you ask?

Three guesses. My mailman? No. My... um... High School Science teacher? nope. It was my gynocologist.

sheesh.

Okay - I have to tell you, that in my life, I've worked with a lot of medical professionals - Dentists, doctors, opthomologists, surgeons, even vets for my pets... But I can't remember ever really running into one in the street (I once saw a my former family doctor in a restaurant - but it was after he retired, so I figured he wouldn't remember me.)

But there we were - Smokey, my OB, and me - standing on the street of the 87th best place to live in America...

I said hello. He seemed fairly sheepish - as if he was seeing me with clothes on for the very first time (It could be true!)... "Hello," said my doctor

"Um... Meet Smokey, my newly adopted dog..." I think I may have bantered something about her former owners... He commented on the fact that I was walking my dog - and how great that was... And then, I just cut the cord.

"Well, I'll let you go. Nice to see you..."

3 Comments:

  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger dmac said…

    Look at it this way: Now you have something to talk to him about for your next office visit...

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    Yeah - right after the "so, how IS that cervix" conversation... sheesh.

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    WaWa is always running into people even in a giant bustling city. Me? NEVER. Even in a one horse village. What's funny is that there's never anything awkward in it! It's like they are so excited to meet up. Sheez.

    Love your dog. Love your dog stories. But you just aren't posting enough photos. There should be at least one photo every two posts. I know you are new to this - - so you get a free pass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home