Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Dog By Any Other Name...

For all those moments where dog ownership is a joy, I have to tell you that some unexpected things have happened... For one, I've e-mailed the photos of Smokey to a couple of my clients... They've all been sending back photos of their dogs - from work - photos that they have on their computers... It's kind of funny, but I think I've joined the "Canine Coalition," and just may be somewhat cooler of a vendor because of it..

The other weird thing happened while visiting someone at their desk at work. I told the story of how we got the dog (read below if you don't know) - and he smiled and sililoquized (if that's not a word - well, you get the drift) -

"Wow. Dogs are great. It's good that you got a dog before you had kids. Know what? If I had gotten this one (points to photo of dog at desk) before I had this one (points to his oldest child), or this one (points to middle child), I'd NEVER have had THIS ONE (points to youngest child). Yeah. Pets are great. They're all you need."

He then sat back and smiled wistfully.

I*am*soooooo*"in"*right*now - thanks to the dog.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I, for one, feel closer to you than ever since you brought home your little bundle of joy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home