Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Girl Interrupted


Life has such a way of changing my plans.... And it seems every time I have an overbooked weekend, something happens, and nothing goes according to schedule. This weekend, it was all about illness... For some reason, I've developed yet another cold (Could it be that I should've had a flu shot? My doctor said I probably caught it from the generous children I videotaped last week). I was so sure it was a sinus infection that I ran to the doctors for some fast remedy. "I'm sorry, Kelly. I see a lot of this run through my office, and I'm afraid you have a cold."

I also had a gig on Friday - and was so worried I wouldn't be able to sing. It's bad enough I'm short a guitar player (Fran is still in Singapore, living a life at a luxury hotel that I remain unaccustomed to) - In addition, I'd volunteered to cook at a camp I used to work for. In addition, I was bringing my nephew with me. I was thoroughly looking forward to spending some time with him. Following cooking, I was going to watch the Superbowl with Dave and his father.

To make a long story short, I managed to get through the gig. I sang for three hours before my throat began to ache (and hasn't stopped). My sister called late in the day to tell me my nephew was also ill and wouldn't be able to come with me. I cancelled my Superbowl plans, too...

I will say Dave took good care of me yesterday - and brought me soup... (Isn't that nice?)

I'd try to nap, but I had a work issue and needed to go into the office for awhile this afternoon (It's amazing what one can accomplish when no one else is around) -

I'm sorry to be such a whiny-puss, but between the coughs, congestion, and cancellations, I'm just so... interrupted. sigh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Poor little Kell. I feel your pain. Take a hot bath with some lavender or something relaxing and go to sleep early. Call in sick tomorrow and drink lots of juice! Hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    I know how you feel. I've had a cough for three weeks.

    Whine, girl. Whine. Nothing wrong with it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. --or soup in your case.

    I hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Blue Eyes said…

    Hope that you start to feel better. Hang in there! Try to pick up Airborne tablets - they are super charged vitamens and will really knock whatever it is out of you! They work wonders.

    Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home