Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Ms. Kell's Ticket to Ride (or "How Allentown Got a New Mayor")

I thought perhaps I should mention the results of election day. The candidate I’ve been photographing and singing for (and doing some campaign designs for as well) won – by an unbelievable margin. He pulled in nearly 60% of the vote, and won each and every neighborhood in Allentown.

Here’s one of the campaign signs I helped design. The opponent was once mayor of Allentown. I don’t think he had plans to ever run for mayor again, but the Republican party had a hard time finding qualified candidates (it’s a problem Allentown has… They’ve had a very interesting string of mayors who have ruined the city’s bond rating, mismanaged funds, and left a very destabilized police force…) – so they called the old mayor. He’s not a very friendly guy…. I don’t mean to malign – but he used to address memos to city council “Dear Boneheads…” (and that’s MISTER mayor to you!)


And, since Trixie wanted to know… my band DID sing God Bless America – and we sang it fast – and because so many people sang with us, we figured it’d be a good idea to sing it twice!

Enjoy the campaign mailer. It was fun to make.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    You made this flyer? I love it. So clever and graphic. WOW. Good job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home