Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, October 31, 2005

The Birds! The Birds!



This is the last of my calendar paintings.

Dave got the remote control last evening (he was in his glory)... We'd just finished two days of long gigs (both fun - both outside. I'm sunburned, can you believe it? We sang at the base of a mountain at a ski resort. The resort was giving people "scenic lift rides" - and I'm told they heard us singing all the way up and down the mountain. That's cool.)

Anyway, we were tired. After the gig, Dave brought pizza over to my house and watched the second half of the depressing Eagles game. I was painting, so I couldn't say anything about what he watched next. The History Channel. The Plague. When that cheery bit of broadcast was over, I was still busy painting, so I never changed the channel. As I added the last bits of color to the birds, The History Channel charted the possible path of the Avian Flu. According to the HC, we're doomed.

So the Eagles are dying on the field, the sick chickens in China are going to kill the nations - but I still like this painting.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I love it too. How do these look printed out ? Are they just ditigal? You could sell these..I love original artwork.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home