Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Only Really Pertinent Reason I'd Like to Be Rich (Or: When I Can Afford A Domestic)

I'm sick today - just the garden variety cold... I knew it was coming. The worst thing about being sick, at least for me, is regardless of how I feel, life moves on. I had to go into my office today, for example... I'm working on some things that had to be done today. My boss says I'm so tough. Whatever. I'm just afraid of consequences of not getting things done.

Being ill, however, affords me a ruthless efficiency, which means that even though I'm not feeling good, I got a lot done.

Now. The other thing that always happens: I get sick because I do too many things. I can pack a day like nobody's business... So every few months, nature strikes me with a cold, or an earache, or a sinus infection, or tension headaches so I am forced to slow down. The trouble is, life doesn't.

I still have Mt. Kell's worth of laundry, for example. Dirty dishes are still in the sink - and the car payment still has to be made. I tried to give myself the only concession I could: I dropped off my laundry to be done by some laundry place in town. It's expensive, but the key is: I don't have to do it.

I'd like to be rich - not for the fame and glory of it, but for the sole reason I hate doing laundry. I need a laundry domestic. When I'm not in need of washing, I'd like my laundry domestic to be my cleaning domestic... And then when the house is clean and the laundry hung, I'd like that person to be my auto mechanic domestic, my makeup artist domestic, my chef domestic, and my personal shopper domestic.

Is that too much to ask?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Not at all. I too would like a dishwashing, vacuuming, shower and baseboard cleaning domestic.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Cutie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home