Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Tattoo Me Baby


My husband has this thing about tattoos: "Why is it you would put something on your body that you wouldn't frame and hang in your bathroom?"

This strikes me funny in several ways... For one, WHY the BATHROOM? Second? Who's to say that someone wouldn't hang their tattoo in their John? (I'm giggling right now - I can't help it.)

Now, don't get me wrong. I support the energy behind my husband's sentiment... I mean, I don't HAVE a tattoo, and even after giving it some serious thought, I don't think I would get one... I mean, my tastes change every day it seems... so what would I get? I mean, I collect armadillos - I even found a cool armadillo tattoo Von Glitschka designed... (see above image)... but I doubt I'd ever actually GET one...

Now I've spent time with tattoo'd people - all of them have impressed me with their commitment to their images... Military eagles, fave musicians, 9/11 remembrances, spiritual icons, and of course the skulls... They each have stories. I actually like those who tattoo their necks, heads and faces. I think they're letting us know they'd like to talk about their stories... You can't fault a guy for that.

For me though? What is it I'd want to advertise? Maybe I could slap the face of Bruce Cockburn on my shoulder... my Gibson on my thigh... a portraits of my husband and dog on my belly... maybe a banjo on my heart (HI DAVE!)... the original 1857 deed to my house on my back... a little ring neck snake around my ankle... an Oscar award on my toe... A C.S. Lewis quote on my lower back...

Wait... Maybe I DO want one - or a dozen.

Just kidding. I'll just frame all these images and hang 'em in the bathroom.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i intend to be a rebel by NOT getting a tat...or maybe being obscure by getting a tat of a tatting design. bwahahaha. i slay me.

    ~michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home