Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

We're Due!

I spent my afternoon at a friend's baby shower... And I know I've written about this before, I'll say it again. I LOVE giving gifts - I'm just not so crazy about going to baby showers... where women are invited to sit together, play silly games - and oooh and aaah for hours as the mom to be unwraps piles of gifts. I'd much rather simply bring the gift and have a cuppa with the momma.

So today, I'm at this very large shower of about 40 women - maybe 50. I'm standing in the back with my friend Laurie, who's a 40-something married woman who never had kids.

So there we are - Laurie and me, the 38-year old married woman who never had kids... chatting away about how many baby showers we've been to.

Then it dawned on us... Laurie and I are going to invite all the moms we know to our no-kid shower... Where we should get gifts to say thanks for the years of gift giving we've done. The invitees could simply bring cash or gift cards... Why? BECAUSE WE'RE DUE!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahahah, good one. sounds like a plan to me.

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops, that was me up there
    ~michelle

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    That's a good idea. You can call it a housewarming party. I had a baby shower but I'll never have a housewarming party because I can't afford a house now that I have a baby.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home