Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Complicated... But I'll Tell You Anyway

Yesterday, my band went into the studio to record a new demo - very exciting, productive and fun. We cranked out three songs in about six hours - which if you think about it is not bad... Two hours per song - that's one hour of playing together, then one hour of adding vocals and mixing... Anyway, as the studio engineer was creating a stereo mix, we apparently had some options as to where things went... Note, Dave wasn't in the control room at the moment:

Studio Engineer: I'm going to put Dave's voice sixty percent to the right.
Kelly: Funny, Dave's really about sixty percent left...
Studio Engineer: Well, as we age, sixty percent left is pretty good!
Kelly: I was talking politics... What were you talking about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home