Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

November Showers

I went to my sister's baby shower last weekend - or may I say I attended the first of TWO of my sister's baby showers (I'm throwing the other one at the end of the month - it's a "this side of the family" thing)... I'm going to tell you guys one story from it - and forever and ever more, you will understand why I would be so much happier to just show up, ring the bell, drop the gift and run like hell...

At the end of the shower, the hostess said, "I have one more game! It's called 'Guess The Girth!"

Really?

My sister, aghast and seven months' pregnant, said, "Really?"

"Uh huh!" nodded the host - enthusiastically.

"Um..." grinned my sister, "I think I'd rather not. Yeah. Let's not."

The hostess looked crestfallen, but quickly recovered and said, "Well, ok... then..."

I swore to my sister that when I throw her shower, I will not play such games... But I will serve chocolate in diapers.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    The only game I allow is a custom version of Pictionary. Even the kids can play - and they are better guessers anyway.

    Never would I play GUESS THE GIRTH. OMG. It could also be called "How fat are you???" Argggg!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home