Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Monday, November 03, 2008

VOTEVOTEVOTE!

I can't wait to go out and exercise my DUTY to go vote - and I hope you're all doing the same...

Yesterday, the pastor of my church - obviously commenting on all the thousands of e-mail arguments flying around the internet - commented that voting is not a moral choice, but an ethical choice... so the idea is that we vote our conscience - and allow everyone else the duty to vote theirs.

I've heard everything - that each candidate might be the antichrist (Puh-leeeze) - to the speculation that Obama isn't really US-born... It's absolutely nuts. Then the one instance where I did get in the fray, all I tried to say is that it's not our job to force OUR outcomes on everyone, it's our job to VOTE... I didn't even state who I'm voting for...

I got an e-mail back where the first line read "I thank you for your email, but I couldn't disagree with you more!" I hadn't even said anything controversial!

Look - I care who I'm voting for - and I'm happy to tell you why should you be interested... but I'm not really going to shove my choice down your throat (truth be told, I think that one candidate will do wonders for OUR economy - and the other will do better in foreign policy - so I've actually sweated this election out more than others) - but I'm not going to try and influence who you vote for. That's the candidate's job.

My job? I'm just going to go and vote. (and I'll probably follow it up with many, many letters to my senator during the next four years.)

Go VOTE! And please feel free to tell me any strange election stories that you've had - like one where someone I know was afraid a mutual friend wasn't going to vote his ticket. He said, "Then maybe you just shouldn't vote!" Shame on him!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    This election is so heated. Here, everyone's having big fights over Prop 8 (Gay Marriage). They've been tearing down each other's signs and getting into fist fights and everything. Crazy! I'll be relieved when election day is over.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. You make me feel good at a time when I feel F-A-T!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jessie Ann Moser said…

    Hi Kell,
    Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am going to try to get back into it. Do you have to change your handle? Kelly in E-Moss. I liked the basket you made. That was very cool.
    Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home