Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Jewelry Hound

Some people spend their extra money on cars - some on banjoes (like Dave) - some on mortgages they can't afford... Me? None of that. I am constantly in the pursuit of the perfect piece of jewelry. I think I do a pretty good job too - I like to have pendants made - it's kind of fun... This is a photo of a necklace made by Wendy Willis - at the time from Gypsy Hearth... She might still be there, I'm not sure. Originally, I ordered something entirely different - but as we talked, we came up with this lovely thing, made from lapidolite and african turquoise:
This cool thing is Pyrex - and was made from a vendor I camped next to at a folk festival. I wish I could remember her name - she was a cool girl.
This is one of my recent acquisitions. My mom likes it - and so do I:
But my favorite of all recent jewels are made with COLORED PENCILS - done by this wonderful artist named Jen Maestre. Check her out!!!! Here are mine - I just got the green ones today - and couldn't be happier!!!



Husbands! (Particularly Dan) - Buy one of her necklaces for your wife. She'll love it.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I love those. They're so unique

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I'd never have guessed that they were from colored pencils! What stunning work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home