Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Weekend Notes

I once wrote a song with a lyric that said, "I've been holding my breath for so long, there's worship in the exhale..."

I had an exhale today that I wasn't expecting. I was driving to see an old friend of mine... Ruth was my junior counselor at summer camp when I was eleven. I know this is unusual, but we've actually kept in touch all these years... Not too frequently -but I got an e-mail from her the other day that surprised me, "Kelly, I've been carrying your Christmas card from last year (with my e-mail address) for the longest time. I've just been too busy to e-mail..." She went on to explain that she's moved to an area not all that far from me - about an hour and forty-five minutes away.

This was really cool news. She doesn't live all that far from my parents, actually... Anyway, I think we've kept in touch all these years because we have such similar sensibilities. I almost forgot until today - we got to talk for awhile on the phone (we had to cancel our visit because her daughters have colds...). All of the sudden, we had the best chat about dating, life, crazy people...

I'm so glad to have you in my life, Ruth! Can't wait to see you!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home