Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Boy's Logic Sucks

Last night, during band practice, Scott and I had a discussion about travel. "I always start packing a week before my trip," said Scott. I have to admit his news surprised me. I don't know why - it's not like I've known Scott to be particularly uncalculating - or even overly spontaneous... I guess I can't imagine anyone thinking so far ahead. "My wife always packs the hour before the trip," added Scott.

"I'm with Andie," I answered. "I never pack early. I hate packing."

"You might change your mind when I tell you this story," challenged Scott.

Apparently, Scott and Andie were getting ready for a flight out of Baltimore. Scott was packed. Andie wasn't. Before she could change that fact, she fell and broke her foot.

Scott drove her to the Emergency Room at the local hospital, promising he'd pack for his wife.

"There was no way I could pack for her. We were going to a wedding. That meant that I had to get the dress, the shoes and the jewelry... Everything..."

"How'd you do?" I asked.

You could tell that Scott wasn't quite over this terrorizing memory... "She said bring the tan sandals. Apparently that doesn't mean Flip-Flops.... She was really mad at me. I picked her up at the Emergency room - and we had to get to the airport quickly... When we got there, we had to go to the mall because I got everything wrong."

While I was thinking it was kind of cute that Scott even attempted to pack for his wife, Dave's mind was clearly spinning. I looked at Dave, "What would you pack if that were me?" I asked.

Dave shrugged before directing this comment to Scott: "You couldn't possibly get something like that right," Dave said. "It'd make your wife question your relationship...."

All I could think to say was, "Boys' logic sucks."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home