Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Celebrity Playlist

Ok. If Kellie Pickler gets to do an iTunes Celebrity Play list, so do I!
__________________________________________________________________

Kellincatty's Celebrity Playlist

Love Song (Bruce Cockburn) - One of the lovliest songs I've ever heard - "In your heart where the world comes from, there you will find me."

Take On Me (A Ha) - Cheesy, maybe, but in Highschool, I just loved this song.

Beautiful Day (U2) - What a great anthem... If life needs a soundtrack, U2 must be paid handsomely.

You Are My Sunshine (Kell's dad) - Who sang this to me when I was little

Cry Me A River (a lotta divas) - I just like this one. It's got attitude.

I’ve Been Waiting For You (David Bowie) I think Neil Young did this song originally, but I like this version a lot.

Old Man (Neil Young) - I'm facinated at how many people relate to this song in different ways.

Cactus (The Pixies) - It's a song about good love.

Top Of The World (Karen Carpenter) - This is another song from my childhood that I never get tired of. I know - it's unfashionable, but if you don't like it, write your own celebrity Playlist.

Thunder Road (Bruce Springsteen) - I love story songs - and this is one of the best I've heard.

The Night Won’t Last Forever (Charlie Peacock) - some of my favorite stuff to groove to... and some of Charlie's best work.

The Ocean (The Choir) - When I'm alone in the car, I sing this at the top of my fool lungs.

Round Here (Counting Crows) - Adam Duritz? If you're reading this? I think you're one of the best song writers to come out of pop music today.

Barcelona (Queen) - The first time I heard this song, I was in my car. I almost had to pull over. I think I listened to it 5 times in a row!

Downtown Train (Tom Waits) - I will always be grateful to Tom Waits for this song. Note. It was not written by freakin' Rod Stewart. Rod put it on the map - but I promise it's well worth listening to Tom's version.

Carolina In The Fall (Jens Kruger) - A beautiful song from a Swedish Banjoller.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    I'm with you on most of these. "Beautiful Day" is my theme song.
    Loved the Aha song too in high school. And the Cry me a River, I thought you meant the Justin Timberlake version, but I see I was wrong. I like the divas version too, and I'm not ashamed to admit I like Justin's take on the theme as well. And, Counting Crows, oh, so perfect for me when I was so far from home in grad school. "Round here" is wonderful, and I also connected with "Raining in Baltimore".

    Nice list. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    U2 is well paid :) and with good reason.

    I saw somewhere on TV last week or the week before that Aha is still very popular overseas. There was a clip and they have aged nicely. He can still hit that insane high note. This is - by the way - one of the few albums that I own and I play it at least once a week.

    An older gentleman in my neighborhood growing up would play "you are my sunshine" on his harmonica for me. I would do a little jig. It was magically!

    I have a new ITunes gift certificate to cash in this week. Wonder what my playlist will contain?

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Blue Eyes said…

    When I was a kid, I thought that Adam Duritz was so sexy. When I saw the Counting Crows in 2003, I realized that this really wasn't the case anymore. Counting Crows still rocks though!

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger Michael Krahn said…

    Hey,

    I just put the second of 5 parts about Counting Crows up on my blog. This part is mostly about "Round Here"

    Found you through Google blog search because you mentioned the band.

    Check it out:

    http://krahn.blogspot.com/

    BTW - how many of your readers know who The Choir is?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home