Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Book Meme

This from Sarabeth:

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

_________

Ok. My computer desk is next to my bookshelf. I reached straight ahead - and grabbed Dante's Inferno. "Great," I thought, "Sarabeth is going to think I'm trying to look important or heady... The truth is, I bought this book while in High school, and have yet to actually read it - so you know it's not that. Anyway, imagine my surprise when Page 123 was a full-page illustration... Now I'm all messed up, so I closed my eyes and grabbed another book. This from "Life of Pi:"

"There was a bumping and scraping sound against the hull of the lifeboat."

I don't think I can read much into this - but there you have it!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Trust me, Kell, I'm not going to think that you were trying to be brainy by having Dante's Inferno as your first choice. How could I with the book I just happened to have right by the 'puter--my husband's? And the page was about me!

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read life of Pi before our "Pi" was born (paul isaac, who has yet to train a tiger) whaddya think? i liked the beginning much more than the end. --chris

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger sass said…

    i LOVED life of pi.

    thought it was magical and wonderful.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    Loved the beginning and the end - especially transfixed by the beginning... I've heard they're making a movie... I have such mixed feelings about this - because they're going to screw the beginning up.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    "I was walking again, on through the rain and into the night. I needed wheels, so I went to the gas station where Rigby had had Eleanor's car towed. It was still there, in a fenced yard behind rest rooms. I told the attendant I was her brother and they had me sent over to fetch it for her. He didn't worry much; we weren't exactly dealing with a Lexus here, and he was anxious to get it off his lot." Page 123, The Bookman's Wake, John Dunning

     

Post a Comment

<< Home