Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Incongruous Juxtapositions

This morning, I passed a Starbucks that sits right next to a McDonalds... And it made me think a minute about how different those two shops are - One has cheap coffee... One has expensive coffee... One has cheap food that clogs the arteries, one has expensive food that ... clogs... the....arteries...

Wait a minute.

It then dawned on me that even though McDonalds and Starbucks are at two ends of the scale - yet are the same. I don't like either brands of coffee... Both sell extremely unhealthy food... Both cater to drive-through clients in a hurry. I've slowly grown to dislike both of them, yet I will admit that once in awhile, when in a hurry, (or with people) I will purchase both of their products - then often regret it (no matter how much or litte I've spent)...

I can just picture the two buildings having a chat after hours (except that McDonalds is open 24/7...):

Star: Slow night, eh?

Mick: Yeah... You okay?

Star: Hangin in.

Mick: But you look good.

Star: Well thanks...

Mick: You and I? We're not so different, you know.

Star: Maybe not.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    A timeless love epic to traverse all ages. It reminds me of Westside Story...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home