Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No Longer a Cingular Girl

I got my new phone tonight. It was relatively painless - I walked into the Verizon store, told him what I wanted... and he told me he could cancel my Cingular Account right there... If I had my account number, which I didn't.

As fate would have it, Cingular had a store two doors down. So I went there. The guy was with two customers who looked like they were signing up. I told him I just needed my account number.. He was processing some computer info, so he looked at me and said, "So why are you leaving us?"

"Cingular doesn't work on my couch at home (or my office, or on the road between work and the office... I silently added)." I looked at the two newbies. "I"m sure it'll work great for you guys!"

They looked at me. "What town do you live in?" (great, I thought) I told them.

They looked at each other.

"What street?"

(Oh phooey!) I didn't want to tell them - but then they guessed! "Uh. Yeah!" I said. It's a known dead spot.

Then they just looked at each other. I *assured* them they'd be just fine and left as quickly as possible.

_____________

Oh. In High school news, I attended my neice's choral ensemble dinner theater the other night. My 16-year old neice did her thing on stage, and it was lovely... Until their choir director sang not one, but FOUR duets with her high school student. What really creeped me out was that she sang FOUR LOVE DUETS with a student. I've never seen anything like it and I'm not over it yet. I actually sent her an e-mail telling her she creeped me out (I was nicer than that about the whole thing. I said something like "You have a very lovely voice - and I'm sure there are adult choirs or bands that would be thrilled to have you...") I just really needed her to know that students should sing at student concerts - and teacher's shouldn't call such creepity-creepy attention to themselves.

(For all you Broadway buffs out there, she sang "All I ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera with a 16-year old kid.

ew.

She merely sent me a note back saying thanks for the note - and she'd keep it in mind for next year.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Sarabeth said…

    Creepy. Good for you for saying something.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Karma. The whole "I am sure it will be fine for you" is coming back to bite you someday. Just wait.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Creepy. We will see her on TV news in a few weeks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home