Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Six Months In Review

Being that I got a new computer in June, I lost months of calendar, and can therefore only offer the Last Six Months in Review:

1) In June, I had my first real photography disaster. I forgot a gig…I got there, but it was late, I was embarrassed, and I’m sure the photos weren’t as good as they should have been.

2) I July, I stood up my friend Rob for coffee at Borders. To date, every time I speak with him, he swears to me he’s still waiting, and his coffee is very very cold.

3) In August, my band played a whirlwind three gigs in three days, marking our very first, very short world tour. I like to think of it as the "Blink and Miss Tour of 2006."

4) In September, I shot a wedding of an entirely “green” couple – they drove a car that ran on bio-fuel (vegetable oil), and announced that the wine served during communion at their ceremony was 100% organic local wine. The only meat served at the reception was erroneous raw fish served at the sushi bar; the favors were cast wind mills, made by a friend of the happy couple’s. In all, kind of a cool twist on weddings, and it was nice to be able to be a part of it.

5) In October, I met an author who writes about vampires.

6) In November, my father played bass for my gig. And even though he only LEARNED the bass two hours beforehand, and only played one song, he still commented to my sister that he didn’t get paid. For Christmas, I’m giving him a Christmas Ornament. It’s a snowman dressed in Washington Redskins gear (Dad is a big Joe Gibbs fan). I’m also including a gift certificate. I’m going to tell him it’s in payment for his phenomenal bass playing, even though it’s really just his Christmas present. I know this may sound cheap to you, but know that we left my father a bass AND an amp (not to mention the free lesson), so please don't judge me too harshly. (You can, however, judge me for leaving Rob in the coffee shop for months. I'm a terrible friend.)

7) This month, even though I’m going to kick and scream the entire way, I’m returning to my neice’s Christmas concert. I’m not fussing about my neice or her singing ability… I'm not fussing about going to her concert. Really. My beef is that last year, her chorus teacher sang four love duets with a student. I found this not only professionally inappropriate (teachers should showcase their students’ talent; not their own), but uber-creepy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Sometimes I just love your posts. They make me smile and I think..who is this wonderful person? And then quickly I remember that you miss gigs and leave friends stranded with cold coffee. (And blogger is about to say I am Sheila when I am Trixie - damn system)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home