Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Early This Morning

I called Dave early this morning. "I talked to Heather about the cat." I told him. He asked if everything was okay.

Here's what happened. Her mother picked her up from the airport on at Midnight on Sunday (Monday?) - On the way home, Oreo came up, so Heather's mom told her all the bad news. Oddly enough she took it pretty well.

On the phone with me last night, she said, "You know, I'm done rescuing him. Apparently he didn't want to be rescued - Thanks for doing everything you did to try and find him. You didn't need that - I'm sorry for all the trouble..."

She also said she had an upsetting dream about him last Wednesday. She woke up thinking something had gone wrong. "You know, if he's dead, maybe it's his way of saying goodbye to me..." I'm not sure how I feel about that - but it seems to give her some comfort.

We're kind of expecting the cat to resurface with its old pack (Pride? Tribe? Cronies? Herd?) - so we just might see the sneaky old Oreo again.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    I love the comment that she is "tired of trying to rescue him" !

    I can go so many places with this remark. I love it. :)

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    meow... -Oreo

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Kell said…

    stupid oreo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home