Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Value of Digital Photography

I'm sorry I haven't been here for awhile - busy week - But I wanted to tell you about the worst day I've had in awhile (that's some promo, eh?)

Anyway, for those who may not know, I photograph weddings as a freelance gig. It's usually pretty easy - the kinds of people I work with are really very cool. I've had relatively few horror stories, and the extra income is nice.

So I get to my bride's parents home on Friday - I pull out my two bags of equipment (that I so carefully packed on Wednesday - because it's been a busy week... and look to begin.

All I have to say is this:

Really great, upscale high-end consumer camera; $1500
Portable hard drive, card reader, and appropriate battery: $450
Brand Spankin' new light meter: $220.

Battery Charger AT HOME Plugged into my kitchen outlet, where it's charging the battery I ALSO forgot: USELESS.

Thank goodness I have a backup film camera.

Other notables about this particular wedding was how much and how early the entire bridal party started drinking... About 2 PM. I left the reception at about 10:30. Still drinking Coors Light... I have no idea how those people were still walking! Anyway, I'm only continuing on because I want to share the most ridiculous drunken pick up line I've ever received at a wedding... "Hey, would you like to take my photo first thing in the morning?"

Yeah.

Sometimes Dave tells me the only good way to end a day is to end it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    Lovely ! I will pass this line on to my single friends. Maybe they will find an easier mark than you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home