Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The House Will Keep Us Together

Ok, I've been living in my new house for about six months now - give or take... and some interesting things have happened. No, the house isn't haunted that I know of... even though it's 150 years old - and very cool... Ok. I'll try to keep this short.

We bought the house from a couple named Michael and Jennifer. They were nice enough, although Michael freaked me out. I'd met him for the first time on our final walk-through. I was checking the basement out with Dave - and he followed us... "I want you to know you're getting a heluva house! I didn't want to move. My wife made me..." I just looked at Dave and smiled. Jennifer's reasons for moving were pretty solid... They'd just had their second child - and wanted a bigger yard for the kids.

So we bought the house, and started to settle in. A few weeks pass, and I go to dinner with some friends - to a restaurant I rarely ever go to - in a part of town I really don't frequent. As we were leaving, I go downstairs, walk across the bar, and who do I run into? Michael and Jennifer. They waxed poetic about the house - and asked what I liked best about it - and how everything was... As I left, I thought, "How weird to run into them!"

Several months pass. I'm sitting at a meeting with one of my clients. We're waiting for a consultant to show up. When she arrives, I introduce myself. "Kelly, you're name sounds so familiar. Have we met?" I assured her I couldn't place her, and started asking about things we might have in common. "Did you ever work here?" and so on... Finally, she asked where I live. I told her the town. "What? Where?" "Near the movie theater..."

She said, "I USED TO LIVE RIGHT NEAR THE MOVIE THEATER!!!!" She then stated the address...

It's my house. This woman whom I've never met sold my house to Michael and Jennifer - for the same reason - they had another kid and wanted more space...

"I cried when I left there, Kelly. I love that house - you HAVE to let me come over." I assured her she could come over and see what we've done. She then asked, in th middle of the meeting - what colors the rooms were ("Is the bedroom still green? I chose that color!") ("Yes, we love the green!") She promised to let us know about the secrets of the house... and noted that she kept a framed photo of our entry way on the wall of her current home...

It's funny - it seems the house likes to keep it's owners in touch, doesn't it? Maybe it IS haunted.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger dmac said…

    Or maybe it's a foreshadow of what is going to happen to you and Dave...

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Kell said…

    That'll happen (or not) for the same reasons it might happen (or not) to you and Terry.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    How fun! What a small world. I love meeting people who I have a strange connection with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home