Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Actualized?

About a month before we got married, Dave and I started Pre-Marital Counseling... I know I've talked a little bit about that - and about the personality test we took... But what I didn't tell you is that we didn't have time to finish the counseling before the wedding - so we settled in for a date of post-pre-marital counseling last Thursday.

We arrived, chatted with the counselor about the personality test for about ten minutes. He asked us how marriage was going - if we came up to any snags at all. We chatted about one particular issue that Dave and I "revisit" occasionally (I wouldn't call it arguing, per se, but revising is a good term) - then we talked about music, instruments, and where the counselor could go to get his mandolin fixed... And then... then the counselor said this: "Well, You guys seem like a great couple... If you find you have some issues in the future, please do not hesitate to give me a call - but I don't need to see you any more.

What?

I mean, I know we're a good couple - no, we really are a great couple - but if I'm not mistaken, but who gets booted from pre-marital counseling after two and a half sessions? Doesn't he realize that even without getting into Dave's history, that I am fraught with inner conflict, bossiness, and desperately need answers?

Or maybe... Just maybe we've got it all figured out. In that case, I'm writing a book, "Stumbling Along In The Perfect Marriage" with Kelly and Dave, self actualized heroes of relationships, communication, and all good things.

Eat your heart out, Dr. Phil!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Tiecen said…

    I love it! I think the key is at the end of the day, make sure you can recommit to doing it all again tomorrow. And do your part to make it fun. Pretty soon 30 years will have gone by.

     
  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me know when the book is available. See you soon!!! Yay. JD

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Blue Eyes said…

    Aweseome! I want an advance copy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home