Kelly In Catty

This blog is Kell's attempt to keep in touch with friends far away who complain that I don't e-mail nearly enough.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Overheard at the Diner

My back was turned - but I overheard the following conversation in the booth behind me:

Woman: Do you want home fries?

(silence)

Woman: Do you like potatoes? Because Homefries are potatoes.

Male: Yes.

Woman: He'll have the home fries.

It took the following bit of conversation to make me understand that the woman was sponsoring an exchange student:

Woman: Do you know what? When I hear you speaking in Korean, It always sounds like you're angry.

Male: Really?

Woman: Yes. Korean just sounds so angry.

For that brief moment, English sounded kind of tasteless!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Trixie said…

    You cannot be serious! Someone actually said THAT?

    I just am speechless.

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger Lavatory Lady said…

    It's amazing to me how some people are so clueless. You would think a person who was open enough to host an exchange student would know better.

    LL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home