So here's the quick list of what's going on:
1) I have a menu for my wedding:
Seasonal Fresh Fruit Salad (mmmmmm.)
Thai Chicken Satay (A Dave Fave)
Penne Pasta Tossed with Basil Pesto, Fresh Grated Pecorino Romano & Toasted Pinenuts (For my sis, the vegetarian)
Fresh Tomato & Red Onion Salad in a Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (This will not be my favorite - might sub it out for a nice garden-variety salad)
Filet of Poached Salmon with Mustard Tarragon Drizzle (how could you not want to eat something with "drizzle?" I love drizzle! Especially when it's of the Mustard Tarragon variety)
Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry with Basmati Rice (Mmmmmmmm)
Chambord cheesecake and Chocolate Eclair Cheesecake, made possible by the famous Pocono Cheesecake Factory
Cookies, Cookies, and more Cookies (This is because my mom thinks that it's possible that not everyone likes cheesecake, which I'm subbing for traditional wedding cake. I think my mom is crazy, but then again, I do like cookies.)
Assorted Iced Sodas & Spring Waters (and hooch. Don't forget the hooch)
2) I have an outfit. It's not traditional - but I'm so sick of shopping I can't bear to try on another thread of dress. (I will say it's a skirt/shirt combo - and the shirt is white... which means that I can't touch, drink, or eat anything as long as I'm wearing it... Which means that as soon as the minister says, "Kiss the bride," I'll have to say, "Wait a minute, honey!" I will then have my sister help me don a huge waterproof poncho... Then I can kiss Dave. Immediately following the ceremony, I will scamper to my room and put on a black shirt, that will hide anything I spill from the above menu items.
3) I'm painting my living room Terra Cotta. Dave has fallen in love with Benjamin Moore Paint - and has let me choose Terra Cotta for the walls.
4) I planted a lilac bush in the back yard
5) Francis, savior of my yard, is donating his old lawn mower to the cause... Thanks, Fran! You're the best.
6) My hairdresser, the most wonderful Kelly Jo in the universe, is coming to do my hair. Who's better than Kelly Jo? No one. Not even Nick Arojo (See? I have a hair crush on Nick, but my hair heart belongs to Kelly Jo.).
Finally, the items I have yet to accomplish are long and arduous... so I'd better get going.